Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Project Runway Take 2

The last of the crazies is gone. I'm very impressed with the judging this season. I have not always agreed with the top pick, but they seem to get the bottom pick right most of the time.

In other news, I am not posting as much as I would like. In fact I'm not doing most of the things I need to do like clean the house, do the laundry, read about a 100 contract I brought home from work. I do manage to do the things I want and should not be doing like buying a flat screen TV.

On Sunday after I saw the National beat the diamond Backs for the second time in as many days Dara and I went to Best Buy and I picked up a 32" Flat screen LCD TV. Buying an appliance at Best Buy is like buying a car, even if you know what you want it will still take 2-3 hours. First we went to the Best Buy in Potomac Yards, but they did not have the TV or the Camera I wanted, so we went to the Pentagon Row store, and after about 2 hours we walked out of the store with the TV.

I spent most of Monday setting up the TV, and making a couple more runs to Best Buy to get various cables. I nice bonus of the TV is that I get random PPV channels on the HDTV receiver. The channels keep changing and I don't know when the movies start , but from time to time I manage to catch a movie or show when it begins.

1 comment:

dara said...

Yay, Crazy Vincent's gone! But is it weird that I liked Kayne's dress best? The material that he used for the skirt was the BOMB! (I think I always like part of what he does, and the rest is just way too over the top for me.) And his bit with the beret and fake mustache? HI-larious!

Still, my choices for the final three are Jeffrey, Michael & Uli.

And as for your awesome new TV and Best Buy, you forgot to tell the world the best part of the story --how, on the way from the one store to the other, you got pulled over and warned for making a right turn on red, and our theory that it's all because of your fancy new car.

Of course, you also failed to note that you kindly let me take your old tv for my bedroom, since my old tv is more appropriately suited for the back of a minivan. Or, to paraphrase a joke I made to my brother, it's like the tv equivalent of the Zach Morris phone.