Friday, August 25, 2006

Anther Week is Gone

I'm back. First I want to thank Justin for posting a comment. I was away visiting family in NYC and than in training in Westchester NY for the past week. It really isn't an excuse for not posing as I had internet access the whole time, but I don't have a better one. I am still struggling with follow through on things, I have a very nasty habit of starting and forgetting about them soon after.

I finally managed to complete my development plan at work today a full half day before it was due . Theoretically I think setting goals and measuring against them is great I just hate actually having to do it. I never know what to write. I thought I will use this blog to complete a personal development plan and due a self assessment in six month (it will probably be the next post) maybe it will help keep me on track.

I also go to spend some time with Family last week-end before the training. My cousin form Israel is here with her 7 month old daughter. Visiting her sister in Long Island for two weeks. I saw the Baby when she was a month old during my trip to Israel. I'm not a baby person and have not spend much time around babies since my brother and sister who are now 20 and 22 were babies. It was amazing how much she grew and changed in 6 months. I thing she is adorable but you can judge for your self (see picture). My other cousin (the one that live in LI) has two kids as well a boy age 7 and a girl age 3 (the other kids in the picture).



I had an exciting week* spending eight hours a day in technical accounting seminars in upstate NY. The technical accounting part was not that great (although some of it was useful), I got to meet some really cool people from all over the world**. The first night we had open bar at dinner, and as is often the case when I am offered free alcohol I tend to over indulge. At dinner we were only offered beer and wine, but for some we ended up at the hotel bar doing shots. I have only a vague recollection of how I got back to my room that night, all I can say is that I didn't find the room by my self. Luckily I don't really work with any one that was present as I'm in a specialized practice group in the firm. I'm not sure why I can't seem to remember that getting hammered at firm sponsored events is not a good idea, unfortunately it has happened more than once in the past.

As it is late I will try to go to sleep now. I promise to blog more tomorrow.


*Actually it was only three days (Tue-Thr) I took Monday off to be with the family.
**The training was for the Metro NY area, and they have a very diverse group of people working there.

No comments: