Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day Two

I wrote running commentary on So You Think You Can Dance while I was watching it last night, but I decided not to post is as it was just too boring. The Show was OK, I did not watch it religiously. All I have to say about the show is that I like Benji and I hope he wins, and I hate Mary Murphy. I got off work early today and I managed to go to the Gym and cancel my membership, but I did not get my development plan complete nor did I call the new Gym to activate the membership. I guess that means I only got 25% of my goals for the day. Hope I do better tomorrow.
Last night on 30 Days an atheist was sent to live with an evangelical Christian family for 30 days. It was a very interesting topic. If you don't believe in anything specific and that is no one right religion how do you argue with some one that believes very strongly that there is only one way and its their highest calling to make sure every one else see things their way? According to the statistics quoted in the show atheist are the least trusted group in the US.
I'm Jewish, but I did not have a religious upbringing and I guess I could be classified as an atheist, as although I celebrate the Jewish holidays I don't believe in God at least not the conventional religious notion of God. I generally try to avoid talking religion as I don't feel that I can easily justify my believe system to other as I don't have a clear understanding myself. A while ago I made the mistake of telling a coworker that I thought the bible was written by man with a certain agenda, and that I did not believe in God. I assumed that the co-worker was Hindu turns out that he was born again Christian, now periodically he tries to get me to accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior.

Goals for tomorrow:
1. Complete yesterday's goals
2. Do at least 2 loads of laundry.

Till tomorrow

No comments: